There comes a time when you might need to have the roof retiled. Often, this is because a large part of the roof is in a state of disrepair.
You will need to make a choice about the type of material which is going to be used on the roof. Slate is one of the most popular materials that can be used for a new roof, and there are several reasons why.
The Slate Is Waterproof
- It is important to remember that slate roofing in Sydney is a waterproof material, which is going to stop water from dripping through the roof and into the attic.
- You will be confident that every time there is a downpour, the house is going to remain dry internally.
The Slate Is Resilient
Slate is going to be resilient in a number of different ways that you definitely need to take into consideration.
The Slate Is Going To Be Fire Resistant
- The slate that you have installed on the roof is going to be resistant to fire.
- This is important because it will protect the entire roof structure from serious damage.
Slate Can Withstand Rain
- Rain can be corrosive to certain materials, but not to slate. When the rain is pouring down, the slate is not going to be affected at all.
- You will not have to maintain the slate roof because it is going to resist the corrosive effects of rain quite easily.
Slate Can Deal With Changes In Temperature
- Slate is able to deal with changes in temperature.
- It might be very cold one day and then the temperatures may be climbing the next.
- The slate is not going to crack due to the changes in temperature, so it will last a long time without any issues at all.
Slate Can Resist The Impact From Heavy Objects
- When debris such as tree branches fall onto the roof, you need to make sure that the roof is as secure as it can possibly be.
- This means that you need to choose a material such as slate. When debris falls onto the slate roof, this is not going to cause damage.
- You will be happy that the roof is made of such tough material.
Slate Can Make The Roof Look More Attractive Than It Already Is
- Your roof is not just a functional part of the house designed to keep the elements at bay. The roof should also add some aesthetic quality to your property.
- It should make potential buyers stop in their tracks as they are going to your house.
Slate is an extremely durable material, which is going to be an asset to the building. You can choose from many different shades of slate in order to create the effect that you have in mind. It is a very sensible to have slate installed on the roof, so make sure that you choose a shade which is going to create a contrast with the rest of the house.